CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT SUMMIT CONSULTING LIMITED:
The programmer will be responsible for Designing, coding, testing, modifying and debugging computer software. Analyzes, researches, and resolves program or systems problems and develops program documentation. Writes and analyzes program of moderate complexity. Leads the development of system programs.
•Responsible for creating, testing, and supporting ASP.NET web applications, create new applications, or modify existing applications to meet the needs spelled out in System Requirement documents, and Technical Design Documents. Investigate and resolve defects and conduct unit testing.
•Must have a solid grasp on standard coding best practices and understand how and when to apply certain design patterns while implementing the functionality outlined in requirement documents.
•Provide a highly responsive service to the customer and prioritise workload in line with business needs.
•Must efficiently analyse and resolve defects reported by stepping through the code and tracing processes through multiple application layers in order to determine root cause, design a solution, and implement a fix in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
•Be involved in and contribute to the system design and architecture and application performance tuning.
•Working with clients to understand their requirements and proposing optimal solutions based on our products’ functionality
•Delegate tasks and responsibilities to team members in consultation with the top management. Mentor and train other members of the team.
•Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
•Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
•Be expected to suggest and recommend any new software packages or processes that are available that may improve workflow and practices.
•Projects done provide access to highly confidential and sensitive information the successful candidate must therefore handle all information with utmost intergrity.
•Be expected to use their own initiative to identify and solve software coding problems that arise in the course of their work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
•Advanced Unix/ Linux user
•Competence in more than one programming language (eg C, C++, Java and Python)
•2-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
•Basic knowledge of SQL and ORACLE
•Creativity, Problem-solving skills, Communication skills, ability to work in a team, attention to detail and ability to understand clients’ needs.
•A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT is an added advantage.
WORK BASED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Has a positive work ethic.
•Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of clients’ needs.
•An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
•Is able to keep up in the Summit Consulting environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
•Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
•Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
•Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Interested Applicants should submit their applications in hard copy to our offices at 4th Floor Ntinda Complex, Plot 6 Ntinda Road, Kampala before close of business on 10thFebruary 2017. The Applications should be addressed to the E-Commerce Manager.
•Check, process and record all payments, administer invoices and expenses claims received, code items to agreed budgets, and payments collections.
•Undertake general administration tasks including correspondences, telephone messages & inquiries, secretarial work and filing.
•Prepare HR records, filing and maintain staff records
•Undertake general office administration
Qualifications & Skills
•Degree/ Diploma in Business Administration
•Understanding of basic accounting principles
•Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and experience in QuickBooks
•Excellent written and verbal communications skills
•Strong research and organizational skills
•Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Job summary: Working closely to support the summitSECURITY Manager and a team of peers, the incumbent will work with a team of experts at diverse clientele of the firm in cyber security, data collection, analysis and reporting. The role is highly analytical requiring data advanced skills in programming and networking as a foundation for delivering penetration testing services. The ideal candidate holds a first-class degree in information systems and is very good with handling very large data sets from third party applications like banking, telecoms, microfinance, and insurance among others as well as understands open source intelligence and data analytics. This is a premium job as it offers high-growth career prospects in cyber security and IT governance. As a consultant, you will work at different clients and this will give you lots of exposure to challenging scenarios and offer opportunities for intellectual and career growth in our cyber security business line.
- Conduct ICT security vulnerability assessments at diverse sites to test their applications
- Work as a cyber security intelligence researcher to collect data about common attack vectors, analyze it and write reports for our customers to show the state of cyber resiliency of our clients
- Lead the delivery of IT governance reviews and security assessments against regulatory agreed upon procedures (AUP); leading practices like COSOII, ISO27001; ITIL; COBIT; OWASP and similar ICT standards and frameworks
- Make presentations at clients’ sites on the work done
- Contribute in developing business plans and strategies that are aligned to the organizational revenue and sustainability plans
- Undertake prospects follows up and provide business deal closes satisfactorily in ways where customers are retained, and services satisfaction levels improved subsequently, and payment are received on time
- Help the summitSECURITY Manager in managing the diverse stakeholders, including where delegated, represent the manager at stakeholder meetings to ensure that all key business requests and needs are attended to on a timely and professional manner, with feedback and customer complaints effectively handled.
- Support summitSECURITY Manager to source and coordinate project proposals writing and bids submissions, contract management and any other business-related documents for the portfolio
- Prepare and submit monthly performance issues, prospects and plans of action
- Handle any project or role that may be delegated to the incumbent from time to time, including preparing client reports, technical presentations and clients briefs quality control to promote the profile of the company
- Manage the summit security training unit, including developing of training courses, course outlines and provide timely reports of work done for effective accountability
- Undertake ongoing studies and reading to develop skills and career as the best cyber security professional in the region
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ICT Security Researcher must at minimum have
- Holder of first or second class upper degree in information and communication technology; with strong grasp of programming and computer networking skills. Holders of a professional qualification in networking like CCNA will be an added advantage.
- Must have passed Ordinary and Advanced levels with distinction
- Very conversant with data analytics tools like Microsoft Excel’s Power Pivot and knows MS Excel at advanced level or willing to learn and improve on skills
- Is willing to enroll for further studies in cyber security and data science to deepen skills and understanding; as well as undertake intensive guided on-line courses to up skills to enable competitiveness in this environment
- Strong presentation skills and or is willing to be trained so that he can train colleagues and or clients.
- Computer literacy with very good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Good report writing, presentation and speaking skills.
- Highly flexible, innovative, a team player, with good communication, feedback, and interpersonal and supervisory skills and able to work with a multi-cultural team within the organization.
- Ability to delegate clearly and have flair for attention to detail.
- Very good work ethics and respects colleagues especially able to work under tight timelines for client project deliveries
The job attracts a good remuneration.
We are looking for young graduates who have just completed University and are willing to settle down for at least three years. Note that all people who work at Summit Consulting Ltd become thought after in a very short period due to a generous staff training and exposure policy which make clients and competitors look to the company for new hires. For this reason, we require someone willing to withstand pressure of job offers for at least the initial period of three (3) years after joining to enable the firm to recoup her investment in staff.
Mustapha B Mugisa,
Chief Executive Officer
Summit Consulting Ltd | Forensics. Advisory. Security
4th Floor, Ntinda Complex
Plot 33, Ntinda Road Opp St Luke Church,
P.O. Box 40292, Kampala, Uganda
P: +256 414 231136
M: +256 782610333 / 712 984585
Web: www.summitcl.com / mustaphamugisa.com
Skype ID: mmugisa