Reports to: summitSOLUTIONS
About the JoB
Summit Consulting Ltd is a leading provider of forensics, advisory and security services in Uganda with both public and private clients, local and multinationals. Recently, we have diversified our service offering to include the following:
- summitSOLUTIONS for enterprises i.e. business software to automate key processes for more efficiency – this includes summitERP, a one-in-a-box SME solution for improved performance and governance; summitRISK – a risk governance software that automates risk management enterprise wide, summit eCare; summitPM – a project management and collaboration tool, and julisha.org, a top whistle-blowing software among others.
- summitFORENSICS – we offer fraud investigations, policies and procedures documentations, security services both physical and cyber security solutions including perimeter security consulting, investigations and penetration testing services and ICT audit. In addition, Summit Consulting Ltd founded Institute of Forensics & ICT Security, we provides practical training in ethical hacking, forensics and cyber security.
Summit Consulting is now recruiting top experts to provide the following
- Provide leadership in user needs assessment, software conceptualization, and development of bespoke applications that meet the needs of the user
- Customization of open source apps to meet the needs of our clients
- Developing in-house solutions and apps like summitRISK, summitERP, summitSUBSCRIPTION management etc and other solutions as may be required in a more secure and robust way
- On-line applications development and programming
- Website design and customization of open source codes
- Knowledge of open source web tools like Joomla, Word press, drupal, etc and API, etc
- Developing web solutions using PHP, Laravel, MySQL and more
frameworks if needed
- To be able to edit and modify CSS quickly
- Tech savy
- Suggest new tech suggestions for forms, solutions and
- Able to use FTP, cPANEL, WHM to access servers and to manage
files on servers (upload/download) and to be able to configure databases to
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Sound business acumen
- Focus on quality and risk
- Well-developed computer user skills.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Complete documentation of code/work on a monthly basis in reporting
- Prepare a report for maintenance issues and bugs resolved every month
- Timely coding and documentation for every line that is written
- Deliver documentation of full project/website/solution when completed
- Ability to automate operations
The ideal candidate:
- Degree in ICT from a recognized university
- Practical skills in coding/ programming/ networking/ scripting with hands-on experience with a variety of tools and languages
- Knowledge of ethical hacking and cyber investigations will be added advantage
- Ability to write articles and make clear presentations
- Strong innovative and creative skills
NB: To increase your chances of getting a job at summit consulting, do the following. Visit our website, and:
Develop a 3 months work plan of the key performance outcomes that are measurable which you think you will deliver. For example, increase the summitcl.com website ranking on Alexa.com from its current standing to top 100,000 in Uganda by the end of my probation period. Etc. Write the scorecard targets you think you can attain.
And then make a work plan of the activities you will do to attain the targets. And state the budget you need, including your desired salary. If your work plan is ideal, we shall give you the job. Remember we are never impressed by your CV or Qualifications. But by what you can do.
Summit Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
About the summit consulting limited
We provide organizational Toolkits and Educative Workshops to stop revenue leakages, Sell more, Raise employee morale and transform your organization by helping you identify and remove the corporate ‘fat’. Corporate fat like lack of staff morale, bloated payroll, frauds and poor strategy execution lead to inefficiency and stagnating growth.
Established in 2007, we are one of the oldest local consulting firms with a regional clientele base. We are compliant with all laws and regulations and are a trusted advisor to some of the top clients in the region including MTN, Government of Uganda and Stanbic bank among others. All our solutions revolve around a simple idea: improving the client’s condition.
When you join Summit Consulting Ltd team, your career with transform in ways you never knew even possible by offering your lots of growth opportunities for a life time fulfillment.